Piermont, NY Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Where Will Your Traffic Case Be Heard?
Village of Piermont Justice Court
478 Piermont Avenue
845-359-1258 ext. 2
Piermont Court Website: http://piermont-ny.gov/justice-court
Piermont is a village that is part of Orangetown, NY, which is located in Rockland County, New York. Many drivers are ticketed while traveling on the Tappan Zee Bridge in Piermont. If you were cited for speeding, or any other moving violation, in Piermont, you should contact an experienced traffic defense lawyer. Jonathan D. Katz routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County, NY, including Piermont.
Do not mistakenly that you have to plead guilty to a traffic charge in Piermont, NY just because a traffic officer issued you a ticket. Before making any final decisions about how to proceed in your case, talk things over with an experienced traffic defense attorney. If you have cited for a moving violation while driving through Piermont or anywhere else in Rockland County, New York, you are entitled to a strong defense against the charges. A qualified traffic defense attorney can potentially assert legal defenses on your behalf and make sure you are not unfairly, and unnecessarily, convicted. Depending on the nature of your traffic stop, it might be possible to challenge the traffic cop’s probable cause for stopping your vehicle in the first place.
Jonathan D. Katz is a skilled lawyer with the experience needed to help you contest any NY traffic charge, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Legal Procedure in Piermont Village Traffic Court
- Pre-Trial Plea Discussions: As soon as you get in touch with Jonathan D. Katz, he will begin working on ways to contest your traffic ticket in Piermont Village Traffic Court. Before your case reaches trial, he will discuss the matter with the prosecutor and the traffic officer who ticketed you and attempt to work out a plea deal that is favorable for you. Mr. Katz has had great success securing reduced charges in traffic cases throughout Rockland County, NY. If he can get your moving violation downgraded to a non-moving violation such as improper parking, it may spare you points on your driver’s license. If your traffic offense is particularly serious, such as drunk driving, Mr. Katz will work tirelessly on your behalf and attempt to get the charges reduced to a lesser offense. Additionally, if you received more than one traffic offense on the same ticket, Mr. Katz might be able to convince the local prosecutor to merge the violations into a single charge.
- Fighting the Ticket at Trial: If Mr. Katz is unable to work out a favorable plea agreement with the prosecutor, the next step will be readying your case for trial. Mr. Katz has a track record of beating prosecutors in traffic court. He understands how NY traffic law works and he knows how to raise advanced defense strategies on behalf of his clients. Whether you were ticketed for a minor traffic offense like speeding or a more serious traffic offense like driving under the influence (DUI), Mr. Katz can potentially contest the evidence and cross-examine witnesses to help you win in the courtroom.
Speak with a Skilled Piermont, New York Traffic Offense Attorney
Do not let a traffic ticket affect the rest of your life. If you’ve been accused of speeding, drunk driving or any other serious moving violation in Piermont, NY, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you challenge the ticket and win your case. He possesses more than 30 years of experience handling traffic cases in courtrooms throughout NY, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Contact him day or night at 845-377-2022 to discuss your best legal options or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, New York.