Traffic Violation Lawyer in New Square, New York
Where Will Your Case Be Heard?
New Square Village Justice Court
766 North Main Street
Spring Valley, NY 10977
New Square is a small Hasidic village located in the Town of Ramapo, which is part of Rockland County, NY. If you were stopped for speeding, or for any other traffic offense, in New Square, NY, you should contact an experienced traffic defense lawyer immediately.
Most traffic matters in New Square, NY will not require you to appear in traffic court – as long as you are represented by a qualified traffic attorney. When Jonathan Katz represents you in New Square Village Traffic Court, he will fight your behalf and negotiate with the prosecutor and/or traffic cop to get your charges downgraded or dismissed. Mr. Katz has 30 years of experience assisting clients who have been cited for moving violations like speeding, driving with a revoked license and failure to yield.
Certain traffic violations come with significant penalties, including expensive fines, points on your license and even jail time. If you get too many points, your license could be suspended for an extended period of time. Beyond that, your auto insurance company may decide to increase your premiums if you get stuck with a traffic conviction on your driving record. Although local prosecutors in New Square, NY and elsewhere in Rockland County are typically willing to negotiate a traffic charge, your chances of getting a favorable plea deal are greatly enhanced when you have a knowledgeable traffic attorney on your side.
Common Traffic Offenses in New Square, NY
Jonathan Katz handles traffic matters involving local Rockland County residents, other NY drivers and out-of-state drivers who were cited for traffic offenses while passing through New York. Mr. Katz can fight your charges if you’ve been accused of:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Do not plead guilty or pay a traffic fine in New Square Traffic Court until you have had an opportunity to speak with a qualified NY traffic lawyer.
The Legal Process in New Square Traffic Court
- Pre-Trial Plea Negotiations: As soon as you contact Mr. Katz, he will begin strategizing your defense and attempt to negotiate a favorable plea agreement with the prosecutor and/or the traffic cop who ticketed you. He will scrutinize the evidence in your case and determine whether the patrol officer had probable cause to stop your vehicle in the first place.
- Fighting the Ticket in Court: Mr. Katz prepares every traffic case with the expectation that it will eventually reach trial. If a plea deal cannot be reached in your case, he will fight your traffic charges in New Square Traffic Court. Mr. Katz has 30 years of experience representing clients in traffic cases in New York, so I know how to closely examine the evidence in your case and challenge the prosecution’s allegations.
Call an Experienced New Square, NY Traffic Violation Attorney
If you have been issued a traffic ticket for speeding, running a red light or any other traffic offense in New Square, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you fight the charges and win your case. He has successfully defended many clients in courtrooms all over New York, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. Call Mr. Katz today at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic matter or arrange a consultation at his New Paltz, NY office.