New Hempstead, NY Traffic Charge Lawyer
New Hempstead is small village in the Town of Ramapo, which is a part of Rockland County, NY. The village has a population of more than 5,100 people and is located near Pomona, New City and Wesley Hills. If you were ticketed for a moving violation such as speeding or reckless driving in New Hempstead, you should call a qualified traffic lawyer now. Jonathan D. Katz routinely appears in courts throughout Rockland County, NY, including New Hempstead Village.
Contest a Traffic Ticket in New Hempstead Village Court
If you have been pulled over by a traffic cop in New Hempstead, NY, it is imperative that you speak with a qualified traffic defense attorney immediately. An experienced lawyer can help you explore your legal options before you make a final decision about how to proceed in your case. A client who attempts to defend themselves in New Hempstead Village Traffic Court or negotiate a plea deal on their own may be slapped with severe penalties, including points on their driver’s license, higher insurance premiums, expensive fines and even jail time.
Mr. Katz is a highly experienced traffic ticket lawyer with decades of experience in courts across NY, including Rockland County, Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. He knows how the traffic court system in NY works because he regularly represents clients accused of traffic offenses in New York, including local residents, drivers from other states and even Canadian drivers who have been cited for speeding while traveling through Rockland County.
Jonathan Katz is a dedicated traffic lawyer with 30 years of experience defending New York clients against traffic charges, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Significant Consequences of a Traffic Conviction in New Hempstead NY
If you were cited for a minor traffic violation such as speeding or a more serious traffic offense like driving under the influence, you should speak with a lawyer in order to avoid long-term consequences. A conviction for a traffic violation in New Hempstead, NY could lead to:
- Points on your license and a traffic conviction being placed on your driving record. After you plead guilty or are convicted of a traffic offense, the traffic court will alert the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Out-of-state drivers will still be subject to penalties when they go back to their home state because the NY DMV will forward notice of the convictions in New Hempstead.
- Costly fines and related monetary penalties, depending on the severity of the traffic offense.
- Higher auto insurance premiums when your insurance carrier becomes aware of your traffic conviction in New Hempstead, New York. If the traffic charge is particularly serious, or if you have prior traffic convictions on your driving record, your insurance company may decide to cancel your coverage entirely.
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license, depending on the nature of your traffic violation and whether you have accrued too many points on your license.
Speak to a qualified traffic lawyer before deciding to plead guilty or pay a fine. A skilled traffic defense attorney can speak with the prosecutor in your case, or talk to the police officer who ticketed you, and try to get your charges downgraded or dismissed. If the case does end up heading to trial, you are going to want an attorney who can persuasively present evidence and argue on your behalf to challenge the evidence, which may include radar gun readings and official police reports.
Free Consultation with an Experienced New Hempstead, NY Traffic Ticket Attorney
Do not take any chances when it comes to your driver’s license. If you have been ticketed for a traffic violation in New Hempstead, NY or anywhere else in Rockland County, speak with a qualified traffic attorney who understands the nuances of New York traffic law. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has more than 30 years of experience and a track record of success in courts across New York. Call him now at 845-377-2022 to discuss your traffic charges or schedule a consultation at his office in New Paltz, New York.